What is it about water that makes it so difficult to drink? Lately, I have really been struggling getting even half of my eight glasses a day in. I know why I should drink it, I know how I feel when I don’t get enough, I know how important it is to my weight loss goal, but yet I still have a hard time drinking it.
As I sit here and write, I’m drinking from my water bottle and will attempt to give a brief description of what I am experiencing on each sip.
- Obviously, wet
- Very cold – using a stainless steel thermos bottle filled with ice and water
- A very slight after taste – could be from the ice cubes
- cold against my gums and teeth
- Making me feel a bit chilled
- Hmm my bottle is empty; that was easy
Well that lasted all of about 5 minutes. During this experiment, I mentally compared this experience to what I experience when I am drinking a Diet Coke and the only things I can come up with are:
- The flavor – which is difficult to explain, but it has a bit of a bite to it when you drink it.
- The carbonation – Not sure why this is important but I like the bubbles
- Diet coke does absolutely nothing for me and is full of chemicals.
Conclusion: Drinking water vs soda should be a no brainer and after my little experiment, there is no reason not to drink it. Must be all in my head; let me go fill ‘er up and try again.