After being introduced to this by my friend Deena, I have a new favorite side dish; grilled broccoli. If you ever thought that broccoli is boring, I promise you this will change your mind. I’m not sure why or how, but the flavor of broccoli after it has been grilled is amazing. Even better, its very easy to prepare.
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli spears
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Slice the broccoli stalk lengthwise cutting it into three or four stalks.
- Add olive oil, kosher salt, and black pepper to a one gallon zip lock baggie and mix well
- Add broccoli to bag and thoroughly coat with oil mixture
- Place coated broccoli on grill rack and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until crisp and tender
That’s it. Server and enjoy