This is a very tasty salad and a great alternative to rice or cous cous.
- 1 – 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup red, or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slivers
- 1/2 cup minced carrots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
Pour the water into a saucepan, and cover with a lid. Bring to a boil over high heat, then pour in the quinoa, recover, and continue to simmer over low heat until the water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Scrape into a mixing bowl, and chill in the refrigerator until cold.
Once cold, stir in the bell pepper, red onion, curry powder, cilantro, lime juice, sliced almonds, carrots, and cranberries. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill before serving.
- Calories: 176
- Total Fat: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 78mg
- Total Carbs: 31.6g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 5.4g