Another experiment failed. I weighed in today and 224.3. I gained 1.3 pounds. There could be several reason for my weight gain this week. They are as follow but in no particular order except for the first.
- I ate dinner late last night – After our game, which we won 16-5 by the way, we went to The Corner Pub for dinner and a drink. I was so hungry because I didn’t eat anything before the game. In fact, I hadn’t eaten anything since lunch. For dinner I had 2 sliders, one chicken and one black bean, a side salad and two beers.
- I did not journal this week – I tried to see how well I would do without writing everything down. I just get so tired of logging everything I eat. Well this week weigh in as making me re-think that.
- Fewer trips to the gym – We only went to the gym once last week. We did other things like jogging and walking the dogs, but the intensity of the workouts was way less than we have normally done.
- Easter egg hunt – last weekend we had our annual neighborhood Easter egg hunt. We had a great time but there was a tons of food drinks to be had. Even though I tried to keep my alcohol consumption to a minimum, I did do some mindless eating. It wasn’t difficult to just walk through the house and grab something off the table as I walked by.
Well there you go. It looks like I did everything wrong this week. To my defence, I didn’t do a bad job eating, I was just bad at everything else.
Today I weighed in at 223.0 that’s a loss of 1.2 pounds this week and a grand total of 35.8 pounds!!!
I have been experimenting with different things that would help me not get frustrated or bored with dieting. This past week, I have decided not to log my calorie intake in my journal. I am just trying to be mindful of what I eat. During the week, I write everything down, but on the weekends I try to give myself a break and just take it easy. The result is a slower weight loss but a happier more motivated person.
I’ll keep you up to date on my future experiments.
Well it looks like I had good week this past week. Today I weighed in at 224.2, that’s a loss of 3.4 pounds this week. WAHOO!!!!! To tell you the truth, I was kind of worried this week because I ate out 3 times and even though I made the best choices I could have, there weren’t as great I would have hoped. On the up side, I went to the gym 3 times this week and had three really strong workouts. that is probably way I had a good week.
I’ll take it anyway I can.
Well it’s not what I was hoping for but it’s still a loss. Today’s I weighed in at 228.6 which is a loss of 1.2 lbs. No worries, I will keep chugging along.
I weighed in yesterday and I now weigh 229.1. That is almost a 5 pound gain. That really sucks. The worst part is I didn’t really pig out or anything. True, I ate out every meal and true, I did not count any calories, true, I did not work out at all, and true, I had several drinks through the week.
Making healthy choices while traveling is very difficult especially, when you are traveling by car. We spent a lot of time in the car and most meals were eaten at fast foods restaurants. At first, we attempted to try and find healthier places to eat, but that was a very difficult task. After a while, we just gave in and ate what we could find and make the healthiest choices we could make. For example, one of the meals we ate was at Arby’s. We figured a roast beef sandwich was healthier than a cheeseburger.
Overall, I am glad we are back home and back into our healthy eating.
Today’s weight was 226.5. I had a feeling it wasn’t going to be a good week for me. I had sporadic workouts and after 3 weeks of great weigh ins, I knew it was going to slow down eventually. Still a pound lost is a pound in the right direction. That’s a grand total of 32.3 pounds. I just have to keep focused and my eye on the prize. I have only a little over 5 months before the triathlon; a long way to go in a very short time.
This morning, I am going to go to my first spin class. I hear it’s pretty tough and I am a little intimidated by it, but this week has been filled with many firsts. Why not one more?
I got on the scale today and I weighed in at 227.5. That’s 16 pounds in 3 weeks!!!!
If I had to point out one thing that I think contributed the most to my weight loss this week would be keeping my food journal. I have been told probably a thousand times that if I kept a journal I would loose more weight. Well, I guess it took some time for that to really kick in, but it did work.
In my opinion, keeping a food journal is something that should be taught at a younger age. Heck, they will teach you to take care of an engine in school, why not teach the kids to treat there bodies like an engine. If you put a ton of cheeseburgers in your gas tank, your engine is going to quit. Same holds true for your body and heart. I’m just sorry I waited until I was 45 to get it through my thick head.
I can only imagine the amount of calories, fat and sodium I was putting in my body on a daily basis. No wonder I’m a short fat girl.
Lost 5.5 lbs this week!!!! That brings a total weight loss of 12 . 4 lbs in the last two weeks and 27.20 overall.
I did learn something this week. Yesterday, I had a really busy day and did not take the time to eat what I should have. I had my normal breakfast, but I did not have any snacks in the morning or afternoon, nor did I have much of a lunch (salad only). By the time I got home I was ravenous. I went straight for the refrigerator. Kristy told me to get away from the fridge and we went for a walk. We had a nice steamed shrimp and baked fries dinner, but by bed time. I was hungry again. I had plenty of calories left to eat so I had a double serving of low fat ice cream and a piece of veggie cake. None of it nutritious in any way.
After all was said and done, I still didn’t go over my calories; however, I did recognize the tendency to really fall back into some really bad habits. Left unchecked, I really could have blown everything I worked so hard to achieve this week.
Moral of the story, I need to pay better attention through the day to make sure I am eating enough.
I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 237.1. That is a lost of 6.9 pounds this week!!!!
I did several things this week that I would credit towards my weight loss.
- Wrote everything down – no matter what it was; what went in my mouth, was written on paper. I calculated all my calories, fat, fiber, carbs protein, and sodium.
- Did not drink any soda this week. That was extremely difficult for me. I can’t remember the day that I went without drinking at least one Diet Coke
- Did not drink any alcohol. I was very proud of myself for that accomplishment. Went to Deena’s house to watch Alabama v Texas championship football game. First time I watched a game without drinking at least one beer. Amazingly enough, I was ok. I could have been due to the fact that Georgia wasn’t playing and there was no stress involved.
- Water!!!! – That is the only liquid other than coffee that I drank this week.
- Worked out – Though I only got three days in this week, they were all good. The weather has been extremely cold; I haven’t even been able to walk the dogs. They aren’t very happy with me by the way.
I guess the best thing I did this week was to pay attention to everything I ate. I was surprised to find that some of the foods that I thought were fairly healthy, we actually very unhealthy.
Some of the improvements I need to make are to eat more fiber, less carbs, more protein, and way less sodium.
Wish me luck!!!
Well after my first week, I lost 2.3 pounds. Not the big number I was looking for but at least we are going in the right direction. I have tried to put in some good workouts this week but the weather has not been very cooperative.
I plan on continuing my workouts at the gym next week. The holidays are making things a bit difficult with parties and all but if I can at least get the workouts in, I will be able to get through it.